Thursday, January 7, 2010

You Go Irish Atheists!

I know this has been thoroughly covered already, but I wanted to highlight the Atheist Ireland's campaign to overturn Ireland's new blasphemy law.

When the law passed last July, it was buried in a defamation bill, and it seems most of the Irish were uncertain why the blasphemy portion even passed. Nobody seemed to be calling for it. However, I know nothing about how the Irish government works, so I won't even being to speculate. Anyway, the law came into effect at the start of the year, so a group calling themselves Atheist Ireland have published 25 "blasphemous" quotes online in an effort to highlight the stupidity of the law and get it repealed.

My hat's off you Atheist Ireland. Hopefully you can force the removal of this blight on free speech from your nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment